To begin to understand color’s emotional impact, start with these color groups:
• Pales colors – Their light, airy qualities make pale hues feel uplifting.
• Neutrals – It’s no surprise that earthy, nuanced colors keep you grounded.
• Whites – Pure and pristine, these timeless colors offer a blank canvas to express your style.
• Deeps – Bring drama to a room with colors that are rich and mysterious.
Color choice is personal and highly subjective, per example:
• Light green and blue create a feeling of relaxation
• Pink lifts spirits
• Dark navy gives off a dramatic air
• Classic white conjures clarity
• Warm gray is equally soothing and sophisticated
Shifting to Neutral
Neutrals go beyond gray and brown into earthy hues like slate, clay, sand, and ochre. Colors in this family can be warm or cool but are always reliable. And because they transition beautifully with shifting light, they’re a good choice for rooms used throughout the day.
1 year ago
Love these ideas and am inspired to finally paint my bedroom
Colors of Design
1 year ago
Hi Kendra, We are very happy to read this!
Thank you ?